Friday, March 13, 2009

Here goes nothing.

So, I've decided to give in to peer pressure and try this whole blogging thing. I had a xanga a while back (does anybody even know about xanga anymore?), but I'm a slacker and didn't keep up with it. So, I decided to give blogger a shot. I think maybe 2 people might end up reading this, and I have no idea what I'm doing (because I'm technologically incompetent), but it looked like fun. So, here goes.





I figure, at some point, the 2 people who might read this blog will probably wonder where my crazy blog title comes from (or not, but I'm going to tell you anyway). First, I must introduce you to my boyfriend. He's cute, funny, precocious, and knows how to show a girl a good time. We go on fun dates to the museum, zoo, HEB, and the donut shop, and he even offered to drive once (I politely declined, seeing as his feet wouldn't touch the pedals). This is HD.Yes, those would be underpants around his neck. He's starting a new fashion trend, can't you tell? HD belongs to a good friend of mine who lets me borrow him once a week-ish. A few weeks ago, we had just pulled into the donut shop parking lot, when he said, "Wiener (long story, I'll tell it later), I wonder what clouds taste like". After I got over the fact that a 3-year-old asked such a philosophical question, he and I decided that clouds probably taste like cotton candy, or maybe popcorn. Then we went inside and he ate a huge powdered sugar donut.

I chose his sweet ponderance as a blog title because it's random, kind of like my thoughts/comments/life. Also, I firmly believe that if everyone spent more time thinking about things like the flavor of clouds, we'd be a lot happier and whole lot nicer to everyone else. Think about it.

4 comments:

  1. Mandi,
    I'm not a creeper, just stumbled upon your blog. Best of luck on everything (blogging, grad school, tasting clouds, texas, etc). I think you've got a good start :)
    stephensvoid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hoooooooooray! Isn't this like old times? Except now I'm commenting on your blogspot, not xanga :)

    So excited to have another blog to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Mandi's blogging! Can't wait to read more.

    Is Xanga kind of like laser disc? It was "supposed" to be the next big thing but something bigger came out sooner. :)

    Great profile pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, if you write, I'll read it! I miss seeing you. How's life?

    ReplyDelete